Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

National Pina Colada Day!

Do you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain?

Apparently, today, July 10th, is National Pina Colada Day! It's officially my new favorite day of the year.

The thought of pina coladas takes me back to our Florida vacation earlier this spring. Kyle's family and I sipped pina coladas topped with Meyer's Meyer's Rum floaters by the beach, under the sun, and life was beautiful.

Kyle's dad, John, and I enjoying our pina colada buckets. YUM!


Pina coladas are my favorite drink. For one thing, I'm obsessed with coconut and Malibu. Throw in some pineapple, maybe some strawberry flavor, I'm in heaven.

You know what's coming next, right?

Pina Colada Cupcakes!

www.cupcakeproject.com

Make a cupcake out of it! I'm sharing with you a recipe from my one of my favorite cupcake blogs, The Cupcake Project. Check it out. It's a cupcake made with coconut rum and pineapple. It calls for coconut milk, but I'd assume you can use regular milk. Not many of us have coconut milk on hand. The coconut cream cheese frosting sounds incredible! I haven't made these yet, but this blog won't steer you wrong.

I've always wanted to make a pina colada cupcake. I'd make them tonight, but Mom keeps hiding my cupcake pans. For some reason, she doesn't want me to bake while we're trying to sell our house. I have no idea why.... If you try these, let me know how they turn out and send me a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment