Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Coffee Mug Cupcakes

The weekend before I left Streator, the Chalkey's (my aunt and uncle) had a family party. Baking ingredients in our house were sparse, considering we were all packing up at that time, but I couldn't show up without cupcakes. I wasn't about to be that person who blogs about all the cupcakes I'm making and not bring any for my family.

In the pantry, I had a box of cake mix, a can of frosting and a bag of Milano Pirouette cookies left over from my birthday cake. My creation was obvious: 

Coffee mug cupcakes! I had to go the easy way out and use a box cake mix and canned frosting, but I could still dress the cupcakes up and make them cute. The coffee mug costume is an easy way to disguise a simple cupcake. Stick part of the pirouette cookie on top of white frosting and crush part of the cookie on top. Cream and cinnamon to the imaginative eye.


Of course these would be much more darling in a little tea cup, but any of those I had were packed away. But I have the little saucer plate!


I would have liked to try a coffee-inspired recipe since these look like coffee mugs, but I wanted to use up the things we had. My challenge for this week will be to come up with a coffee cupcake recipe. I just got the Folger's mocha-flavored coffee and it is delicious! Be ready for some mocha cupcakes later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment